gincoleaves

Montag, Juni 12, 2006

A Dog`s Day?

It was apleasant day for a trip to Zürich, the sky was blue and the sun
was beaming down on our corner of Europe.

We packed a few cold drinks into the cooler bag, and because my little
dog knew we were up to something she refused breakfast on Sunday
morning, but kept a close watch on our activities with her head turning from
left to right, she looked like she was watching a game of Table tennis.
By the time we reached the front door, her excitement was way out of
control.

We jetted down the highway accompanied by good music to match our mood,
and to enjoy the fresh warm breeze, we traveled with windows wide open.
My dog, the inquisitive little creature, will make sure her head hangs out an
open window when going by car.
With the wind in her face and fur, she looked like one of those "Ma, Ma my
ponytail,s too tight" kids.
During the best part of the trip, she dribbled dog saliva down my shoulder,
and I regret not wearing my raincoat!

The lunch was very good and so was the crowd, and I was ever so relieved
that my "girl child" was at her very best behaviour. As a rule she,s like a
*Jack in the box* full of surprises and always prepared to send everyone
into a fit of uncontrolable laughter.

At 3 oclock that afternoon, I was getting a little worried because my over
excited little monster showing no sign of hunger or the slightest interest
in food.
In the hope, to calm and settle her down a bit, I walked her to the garden
side of the Restaurant, waving her doggy bowl as a sign of *foodies*
I placed a chunky bit of her favorite food into her all familiar food bowl,
and expected a ravishing animal chomping away.
Instead, she surprised me by taking one swift look at the food, glared
back at me, and for a moment I read the message in her eyes "Is this your
idea of a joke? I don,t do lunch on the street!" and I said "How dare you be so cheeky!
you fuzzy mop!"
That,s my dog, a power package with a mind of her own, and always that eyeball
communication!

The only unwanted souvenir I tagged along from our trip is a Scarlet and glazed
eye from traveling with windows wide open.
So if you,re on the street today and you see a bright red traffic light, don,t STOP!
it,s only me!

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I suppose your little dog made up for not eating on your outing, by having double helpings when you all arrived home.
Sounds as though you all had a wonderful day.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee: She made a piggy of herself
once she got home, and slept the best part of today (Monday) far
too much excitement for shorty!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home