gincoleaves

Dienstag, Juni 06, 2006

A Green Day





Yesterday the sky was ever so grey again,

and the day didn,t look promising at all, but

I had no intention of staying home - not for

all the chocolate and cheese in Switzerland.

"Sitting tight" means only one thing, spit

and polish, with broom in hand, and getting

all worked up about a little dust, not today, no way Josè! So it was gangway for us,

and we made a fast gettaway out the front door. We weren,t far from home, when the

grey sky turned blue, and the sun made it,s appearance. From our town we took the

freeway to the French Border and headed for *Huningue*, and payed a visit to the

*Parc des eaux vives*. As my French is a danger to myself and others, I can only say

"let,s call it a Recreation Park". People were enjoying the Canoe and Kayak water sport

activities, great fun to watch , as I,m not that brave at heart, I stayed safely on dry land,

and watched from a distance. Whilst walking through the Park we turned off into an

Avenue which directed us to a place with a lovely name of *Village Neuf*, and true

to it,s name of Nine Villages, stood a group of beautiful small houses close to the

edge of the forest. As a bonus to our visit, I discovered a mother Swan and her

cygnets, to top it all, I almost landed in someones Canoe, in my flight to get to the birds.

Then there was a young climber who was quite willing to give us his Spiderman show,

by crawling up the man-made wall.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger steve said...

you had a realy nice day out I would have liked that.
I read a comment on Keewees blog
can you not get self raising flour at all?
well I can sort that out, baking powder is all you need thats all self raising flour is plain flour with baking powder.
let me know what you need I will sort it.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ginco said...

Steve, do you remember how
I cried about those piping
hot scones??
I tried to bake some over
here with Baking powder, it just flops - -really.
You won,t believe what all
I can,t find here. (foodstuff)
But thank you all the same!
:)

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Katt said...

You ex-Saffa Europeans make me so "lus" for foreign travel.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home