gincoleaves

Freitag, November 23, 2007

Bye bye sunshine



When we arrived back home on Wednesday morning, that old devil just
couldn't wait to show us his sharp claws!
While we waited to collect our luggage, the passengers grew less
and so did the luggage.
I waited patiently for my familiar bag to show itself, but waiting for
what seemed an eternity, I had to except the fact that it wasn't
going to appear on the Airport carousel.
That's when the "fun" started, and believe me, I wasn't laughing!!
I clearly remembered the day when we checked in at the South
African Airport, and I remember the young trainee who behaved very
confused and nervous about the luggage story, and I remember Girl-child's
words to me "Mom, I don't like the look of this guy, at the rate he's going
our luggage will go astray!"
And I said to her "Please don't paint the devil on the wall!!"
Anyway, we went straight to the lost and found office to report the
missing bag.
Little did I know there was much more in store before the
day was done with me.
Whilst driving home I checked with Mr. CC if he's got the housekeys
ready because I'm looking forward to a hot soak in the bathtub.
That's when he told me that the keys are tucked away in his carcoat - and
the carcoat is packed into the missing luggage !!!!!!
I do believe at that very moment I turned into the devil himself.
When we arrived home we contacted the Agency - surely they will be able to
help us out of this awful mess by producing a spare key to the Apartment ? ! ? !
Two hours later the Lady from the Agency arrived at our front
door and she tried to open the door with the "spare" key - and
would you believe me - the *%ç#@*`^%/*"#@ key did not fit!!!!!
The dumb and devastated look on the woman's face was enough to make
me sit on the steps in front of my door, and all I wanted to do was cry (but I
didn't, I was too tired and angry)
I threatened to sleep on the cold marble floor if she didn't come up with a
solution for my problem, because I had nowhere else to turn to (except
to spent a night or more in a Hotel) - but what to do if the missing bag does
not appear?!
She then telephoned for a locksmith - who could do his lock picking in about
two hours time.
"Why do we have to wait so long?" I asked
"All the locksmiths are out on duty!" was her answer.
There must have been an awful lot of luggage gone walkies on that day!!
Finally at 5pm that afternoon, I slumped through my front door.
I can only hope and pray that my roaming bit of luggage will find it's
way home - if not, I will be losing a load of precious goods plus souvenirs
from my home town.
Please bear with me, once I've recovered from my shocking homecoming
I will post a few pictures of my most delightful visit to South Africa.

3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

welcome back. I was thinking of you as I was flying back from NZ and wondering if you were in the air at the same time.
Gosh what a nightmare time you are having with your luggage. I sure do hope it turns up. I am always concerned mine will go missing, so I carry all my gifts in my carry on luggage.
I am looking forward to your photos. I took over 1000 and have many to edit for future posts.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

I am glad you all made it home safley but I am sorry to hear about your luggage! I do hope it is returned to you quickly and with all your treasures intact. I am looking forward to viewing your wonderful pictures from your homeland! Welcome home...finally!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

How awfull, hope your luggage turns up! Look forward to seeing your pictures, keep smiling!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home