gincoleaves

Donnerstag, Juni 01, 2006

It,s a Non-Smokers world.

Well here I am again with another grumle, this is not how I planned it, but it,s got to be
said.
I am pretty "cheesed off" about the latest craze here in our town.
Most of the Restaurants will be a smoke-free zone. (lucky for some)
I realise not everyone enjoys a cuppa or a meal drenched in a smoke filled room.
But where does that leave us - - the smokers?
Some Restaurants have a TV screen for those who wish to view and enjoy a Soccer
match with mates. How do guys enjoy the game with a glass of Beer only?
How do we enjoy a Cappuccino without a cigarette, on our cigarette break?
On the few rare occasions I travelled by train, I had the "luck" of sitting next to a
teenager who eventually lit a foul smelling joint, which intoxicated me so severely,
I had visions of dogs dressed up as a Samurai, and flying through the air. But that
was the risk I took to sit in the Smokers corner.
But I ask myself why do the non-smokers get first preference and we,re left out in the
cold.
Here are many Restaurants with a Terrace, which is super during warm and good
weather, or we have the side walk Restaurants for those who want to see the action
when it actually happens, and the owners of those Restaurants won,t object to us
smokers merrily puffing away.
During Summer, no problemo!
We will no doubt freeze our fingers off, while drinking a cup of frozen coffee and
try to enjoy a smoke outside in the blistering cold of Winter months.