gincoleaves

Mittwoch, Mai 31, 2006

Allow me a Rant.

I want to tell you about the *little creature* who follows me around where-ever I go.
No, *he`s not Green, *he`s Red and White.
When I wait in the supermarket queue *he* pops out of handbags, and flashes his
striking Red colour at me saying "Hallo."
I see women carrying a slingbag and *he* gets the front row seat, shouting at me,
"Hallo again."
Have we ll been bitten by the fashion crazed bug, or is it simply a Patriotic thing?
Minding my own business and strolling through the busy streets of Town, this
*pesty little creature*, will appear in the most unexpected places. I was browzing
through the window of a Computer/Hardware Shop, again to be distracted by *his*
flashing Red appearance, this time *he* came in the shape of a Computer mouse,
and *he* shouted, "Gotcha, you can,t hide from me."
*He* sits on the crutches, used by my neighbour who recently broke a leg during a
ski trip.
*He* makes a nuisance of *himself* by sitting on the big toe of Girls wearing
Summer Sandals, I mean to say, is this little guy for real?
How can I lose *him* ? Where do I run to ?
You will find *him* on:
T.Shirts
Ladies/Men`s slippers
Men`s underwear --- cheeky little devil
Watches and Jewelry
Cups and plates
and EVERY WHERE!
Now where in the world would you find a bread roll in the shape of the beautiful
Edelweiss, sporting a tiny traditional flag, and to complete the decorative picture,
a couple of hard boiled eggs, dyed in bright RED, and a White sticker in the shape of a
cross - - - Our National Flag.
Every 1st August we celebrate the National Day here, and mostly then we can buy
the little Flower bread roll with the flag, but I must add, the little *guy* is all too
obliging to make *his* appearance yet again.